Read the latest news and updates.

KALAHI CIDSS - NCDDP AF officially launched in Mindanao

Written by
Local Chief Executives from all over Mindanao pledged their commitment and support to Community-Drive Development. Local Chief Executives from all over Mindanao pledged their commitment and support to Community-Drive Development. Raniel A. Aragon

Piñan, Zamboanga Del Norte – The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) launched the Mindanao cluster Additional Financing (AF) for the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan Integrated Delivery of Social Services National Community Driven Development Program (KALAHI CIDSS - NCDDP) on Sept. 6, 2021 at Manuel Resort in the municipality of Piñan, Zamboanga Del Norte.

The program’ additional financing is specifically geared towards expanding the scope of KALAHI CIDSS. It will cover 676 poor municipalities in 59 provinces across 15 regions, 86% of which were previous Kalahi-CIDSS beneficiaries while the remaining 14% are new areas. KALAHI-CIDSS will also collaborate with the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to enhance existing policies in local planning processes.

Director Janet P. Armas, KALAHI CIDSS – NCDDP National Program Manager, presented the overview of the program’s AF coverage and the processes to be undertaken during the three-year run of the program.

Director Armas also discussed the roles that the DSWD, LGUs, and the program’s community volunteers will play in the implementation and inevitable success of KALAHI CIDSS - NCDDP AF. She especially highlighted the importance of each sector as we build a more inclusive and sustainable country.

With LGUs playing a big role in the implementation and success of the program, several Local Chief Executives (LCEs) of covered LGUs physically and virtually pledged their commitment and support not only to implement the program, but also to institutionalize the methods and practices that come with it.

Asec. Rhea B. Peñaflor, DSWD Assistant Secretary for Specialized Programs, praised this commitment noting that it is the key towards sustaining CDD’s gains for future generations to come.

LCEs from areas previously covered by KALAHI CIDSS – NCDDP were also in attendance. They shared inspirational stories detailing the gains and successes that their communities achieved through the implementation of CDD in their municipalities.

Mayor Salvador P. Antojado Jr. of Kalawit, Zamboanga del Norte shared how CDD and its implementations in the Municipality of Kalawit has made his leadership style more responsive and in-tune with the community.

Mayor Julius S. Lobrigas of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte on the other hand, emphasized how CDD helped in fostering peace, especially in conflict-affected areas.

In his sharing their municipality’s experience, Mayor Rino O. Delos Reyes of Naga, Zamboanga Sibugay discussed the impacts of CDD in local governance not only at the barangay level, but also the municipal level; specifically highlighting participation among the community members.

Lastly, Mayor Maria Clarita G. Limabro of Bayabas, Surigao del Sur shared their municipality’s experiences and good practices in implementing CDD-based community subprojects. She especially highlighted how CDD has helped her become a better leader and how the implementation of the program in their municipality has encouraged other members of the community to become leaders in their own right.


All content is in the public domain unless otherwise stated


Learn more about the Philippine Government, its structure, how government works, and the people behind it

Open Data Portal
Official Gazette